(Eventual) love on the high seas
We met on the first Jonathan Coulton cruise, after we separately signed up for the same excursion to climb Dunn's River Falls outside Ocho Rios, Jamaica. After finding ourselves on a bus full of strangers, we climbed the falls together and stayed in touch for a year before becoming a couple. On April 23, 2016, we got married at Centennial Station in High Point, North Carolina. Then we honeymooned in Iceland.
Wedding Day Details
Special thanks to all the vendors who helped make our day so awesome:
- Venue: Centennial Station, High Point, N.C.
- Food: Southern Roots, Jamestown, N.C., with cakes from Cheesecakes by Alex, Greensboro, N.C.
- Beer: Mystery Brewing, Hillsborough, N.C.
- Photography: Leah & Mark and Co., Atlanta, Ga.
- Hair and Makeup: Cosmetic Face Design, Greensboro, N.C. (Tracy's hair and makeup by Jennifer, Amy's makeup by Herita)
- String trio: Elegant Ensembles, Winston-Salem, N.C.
- Dance instructor: JJ Productions, Somerville, Ma.
- Formalwear: Men's Wearhouse
- Stationery: Minted
Thanks as well to the wonderful friends and family who were part of our day:
- Bride's Best Man: Matthew S. Wilson
- Bridesmaid: Amy-Elizabeth Manlapas
- Groom's Best Men: Michael Fitzgerald and Luke D. Jacobs
- Officiant: The Reverend Laura Randall
- The Bride's Dress: Holly Frey
- Readers: Brian Anderson and Lauren Vogelbaum
- Brewmaster: Erik Lars Myers
- Lovely Heroine label art: Graham Sternberg
- Wedding-day Tank: Jim Brooks
The Lovely Heroine, a chocolate porter by Mystery Brewing
We went to Hillsborough, N.C., in March to brew a beer that we would serve at our wedding. Here are some pictures of the finished product and the beer in progress!
Dating & Engagement Pictures
By a range of cruise ship photographers unless otherwise noted
Tracy's Honeymoon Highlights
We're going to add a lot more detail about what we did in Iceland, but for now, here are some of Tracy's highlights of Iceland's natural world. It's basically spoilers for a more complete travelogue to come.
More to Come!
We'll be posting photos the honeymoon soon!